Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The mugs....

It occurred to me this morning that I really LIKE the mugs I finished and have drying on top of the kiln. This is a first! Usually I find fault with everything I make. I think a few of the mugs are too heavy...fat bottomed so to speak, but I like the size and shape. Perhaps this is progress. I may even have to keep a couple of them to let the fellows use them as beer steins. I can picture them in my cabinet. What a nice feeling!

In other news, for those of you who get sick of reading about my pottery and are more interested in my diabetes stuff...I am really struggling to keep my blood glucose levels in the target range in the morning. I forgot my Byetta at Spaghetti Night last night, and had to open the new one I had, even though I had at least a week left on the old one. :( This morning, the new one seemed more effective, as my bg plummetted and I had a serious hypoglycemic episode. I am still trying to recover from the symptoms. There are many things that effect bg levels...one big one is stress. I am wondering if I am feeling stressed over Tom's job situation even though I did not THINK I felt that way....

Unfortunately, one of my diabetic friends told me she read that you are not supposed to use chocolate to bring hypo bg levels back up to normal. What a bummer!

No comments: