Wednesday, December 19, 2007

When it rains, it pours...or something like that.

So yesterday turned into a no good, very bad kind of day. Last night, I opened the kiln while it was still pretty hot...hoping that the special order platter would be awesome and I could ship it out today. It was awesome all right. An awesome failure. I need to reglaze it and fire it again.

I hope today is better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*HUGS* I hope today went better.

gary rith said...

DOUBLE cr#p! Nothing worse than a bad firing...........

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ellen,

I hope things look better with a little distance and perspective. Don't be so hard on yourself! Wasn't this supposed to be a fun thing?

I am sorry to hear about Tom, though. I'm praying for you both as he searches for a new gig.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how it refired?

Ellen said...

Haven't done it yet.... :(

Anonymous said...

my kiln has a blown element, shall we feel sad together?
Good luck Ellen

Ellen said...

Sure, GR. If we lived closer we could help each other out with kiln space...